Saturday, January 9, 2010

Her Day

My baby girl turned 6 on January 5th. Shy took her best friend, her brother and her dad to Chuck E Cheese since her best friend is a boy and therefore she felt he would not enjoy her "Hello Kitty" party. I stayed home and taught dance. Then today we had her big party. Nine little girls running around the house is enough to drive anyone crazy but she had a blast and that makes it all worth it.
Three months ago, Shy went into detail about her two-tiered (yes she used those words), white and pink cake surrounded by candles and topped with a big Hello Kitty. I tried to do my best with her requests but I would never want to be a baker!
Here is our crew of Kitty's just after we made little cat ears.
When we started opening presents everyone was on the floor a couple of feet away. By the end we were all huddled in one mass!
Reed was a good little boy except when all those girls started teasing him about being the only boy, then he ran and put a blanket over his head and stood in the living room for a couple of min.
This is Shy an hour before the party, she was so excited, she couldn't sit still. "Mom I'm so excited, I think I'm going to explode!"


We love this little girl so much. She is so beautiful, sweet, smart, caring, genuine, thoughtful and a thousand other things! We are so grateful for the past six years and can't wait to see what this next year brings, Happy Birthday little girl.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Shy!! I love the cake! It turned out so cute!

Rhi said...

Oh I cannot believe she is SIX!! Looks like the party was a blast. Happy birthday Shy!!!