Sunday, January 24, 2010

For me

I love when people remind me that a blog is for themselves and others are welcomed visitors, well this is one of those posts. I recently read an article stating that January 18th is the most depressing day of the year. It sighted things like failed new years resolutions and being stuck inside. I can see what they mean but this year December was a hard month for me. You know those people who have it all together (or at least pretend like they do) well I am not one of those people. There were just a handful of things in December that made me want to scream, "Hey, that's not fair!!!!" And yes I remember my nursery school lesson that life is not fair . . . but it should be! So there I was to the beginning of January feeling sorry for myself and although I made a New Years Resolution to be positive, circumstances kept reminding me of life's inequalities and not just for myself. It wasn't till last Sunday that I felt better. It was ward conference and the Stake President told of those who have the hardest trials are the ones that seem too have the best attitude; that there is always someone worse off than you so you should be grateful for what you have. Then my beautiful little girl sang a solo, "Teach me to Walk" at the request of the ward choir director and sounded like an angel. The RS President asked me how I wasn't in tears through the whole thing and although I held it together then, it makes me tear up thinking about it. Hopefully I can remember that those things that have gone my way out weigh those that have not and now, just maybe, I can start more determinedly on my Resolution. Yes, I am done ranting.



On an high note, my sweet husband got me a new lense for my birthday. I have been playing around with it all month. Here are those things that keep me positive:










3 comments:

Lindsey said...

It's always good to vent. Those are some really cute kids!

Unknown said...

I love you dede and dont ever forget it! Shy and Reed in that last picture are so cute. and sorry we couldnt come listen to her sing but someone forgot to tell us about it!

Rhi said...

Hey, I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets down and out! I really need to remember the positive. I like the pics!