Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Mother's in my family



I'm so grateful to each of the mother's in my life, even more so now that I have little ones of my own. I just wanted to stop for a min and tell them how much they mean to me.

My one and only mother: As I grow up I realize that I am most grateful not for the big events in my life but all the smaller ones that my mother was there for me. From being at (and volunteering in) every dancing event to potty training my child (I guess that counts as a big event) you we're always there for me. I love you!

My grandmothers: A perfect grandma is someone who feels like a friend but can still teach you about life. I've learned so much from my grandmas and I discovered a new joy, watching them treat my kids the same way they treated me, like the most gifted, intelligent, funny person in the world.

My fellow young mothers: To those in my family with young kids, its been so great to have someone to share life's little moments with as they happen. To give and receive encouragement is a huge blessing in my life.

The soon-to-be mothers: May your experience be as rewarding as my own.



Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Rhi said...

Happy Mother's Day Dede! (Just a little late)